Company: Manhattan art studio which combines acrylic painting instruction with beer and wine. We host 2.5-hour nightly events during which patrons will receive step-by-step instruction on a particular painting while socializing in a vibrant yet relaxing wine bar atmosphere.
Job Description: Seeking artists who can typically work evenings Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun (either all or a combination of days).
Responsibilities will vary depending on whether you are the “Assistant” or the “Lead Instructor” for the session. Our expectation is for all artists on our team to be able to instruct in front of groups of up to 50 people.
As the instructor, you will be the primary person teaching the class how to paint the painting. For a 2-2.5 hour session, you will be teaching approximately 30% of the time (depending on your style, the specific painting, etc.). As the assistant, you will be largely tending the bar (serving wine and beer) and helping the customers with their paintings (helping to add custom items to the painting, get people to desired color mixes, etc.).
The time commitment for each session is between 3.5 and 4.5 hours. Most of our sessions are at nights/weekends. We will also have some day sessions (on Saturday/Sunday and some on weekdays like work events). We’re looking for instructors that can work somewhere between 2-6 days a week
Our instructors will be able to use our venue to paint as much as desired (in fact, it would be encouraged). We will also supply free paint/canvases for these paintings (up to a reasonable point). We ask that you sell someone a gift certificate if they come to the door.
Additionally, we offer incentives for booking events/parties in our studio.
Qualifications (most of the following):
* Quick understanding of how to recreate and teach our paintings as well as master paintings
(i.e. starry night).
* Over 21 years old
* Outgoing, personable, & fun
* BFA or some formal training in the arts (ok if you’re a current student or recent grad
* Experience teaching art (especially to groups, but 1-on-1 instruction also good)
* Some experience working in a bar or restaurant
* Ability to be reliable and timely
* Laid back personality; likes to laugh and have fun (our team is young, fun, and energetic.
We work hard, but we do it while telling jokes and having a great time!)
Thanks. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: When leading, you will be paid $100 per session. When assisting, you’ll be paid $60 + tips (tips average $30-40 per session). There are additional ways to earn income by paintings for our paint library, and selling artwork in our studio.
Hours Per Week: Flexible
How to Apply: 1. Respond to this ad with:
* Your name, phone, & email
* Basic resume attached (art experience, education, & restaurant/bar experience)
* 3 samples sample paintings (either links or attachments)
* Link to portfolio or other online resources that might be helpful (if available)
* Your current employment situation and typical weekly availability
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org