Job Description: This is a great opportunity for a freelance designer with solid experience in space planning for interiors, including ergonomics and circulation plans. Proficiency in contemporary millwork design is also a must, along with kitchen and bathroom plans & elevations. Candidate will work directly with the owner/principal of the company.
Responsibilities will include:
• Extensive use of AutoCAD in production of construction drawings
o Demolition plans
o Construction plans
o Lighting/Electrical/RCP plans
o Floor finish plans
o Furniture plans
• Space planning & furniture placement/sizing
• Moderate use of Photoshop for creation of presentation documents
• Visitation of job sites to take measurements
• Regular correspondence with principal via phone, email, or in-person meetingsCompensation: Commensurate w/ experience
Job Requirements: This position requires the following: • 5/+ years of experience in space planning & CAD design work • High proficiency in the latest AutoCAD, Photoshop & Microsoft Office Suite • Excellent command of the English language • Must have a reliable transportation to visit job sites • Must be able to work from home • Ready availability during standard ‘office hours’ and technology/communications savvy • Self-motivation; must take ownership of assignments until complete • Understanding and working knowledge of residential design trends mid-century to present
Compensation: $15 perhour
How to apply: Please email your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.