Contemporary womenswear line BETINA (betina-ny.com) was launched in 2012 by Parsons alumni Betina Ocampo. The collection debuted in Barneys New York and now has retail presence globally. She has also been featured in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Elle.
Working directly with the Designer, the Assistant Designer supports the creation and development of the collection.
1) Executes tech packs, utilizing Adobe Illustrator for flat and technical sketches (must meet factory standards).
2) Prepares pitch and trim sheets under supervision of Designer.
3) Assists with fittings, keeps details notes and provides input/feedback as necessary.
4) Completes and maintains paperwork process for department, including the preparation and updates of sketches and product
5) Manages and maintains trim and development library.
6) Assist and help design silhouettes and prints into approved seasonal concepts, colors and line plans for all categories.
7) Strong understanding of the BETINA customer — ability to present ideas through sketching, presentation boards and details that translate and reflect brand identity.
8) Support Designer where needed and requested.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Design preferred (Students welcome apply)
• Minimum 1+ year(s) experience.
• Excellent computer skills; Illustrator. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Key attention to detail.
• Ability to initiate, anticipate needs and manage up.
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to multitask and problem solve.
• Team player who enjoys a collaborative work environment.
• Previous experience in fashion and marketing a plus
• High school diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree preferred.
Degree in Fashion and or Design
Hours Per Week
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and link to your portfolio via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org