PULSE New York will return from March 3-6, 2016 to the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea at 125 West 18th Street.
Founded in 2005, PULSE Contemporary Art Fair is an established part of the annual art calendar with editions in New York and Miami Beach. The fair is recognized for providing its international community of emerging and established galleries with a dynamic platform for connecting with a global audience. PULSE offers visitors an engaging environment in which to discover and collect the most compelling contemporary art being produced today.
Fair Assistants play an integral part in our fairs because they are involved in important matters of operation. Our fair assistants have access to all behind the scene happenings in order to help create a fabulous fair for our exhibitors and visitors alike. They support the PULSE team in every job they do and work alongside PULSE Management to help run the fair as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We, together, will create the perfect fair ambience. Fair Assistants are required to be knowledgeable about PULSE, its mission, and its history. We ask Fair Assistants to also be familiar with our galleries’ locations on the floor of PULSE. We also require some knowledge of the other fairs, events and happenings that are occurring throughout Armory Arts Week. All information required will be provided by the PULSE staff for the fair assistants to review before the fair begins.
• Welcome visitors to the fair and scan tickets at the entryway. Aid and assist people by directing them to the Box Office, Press Desk and/or Will Call/VIP Desk.
• Assist PR staff at the Press Desk, if needed.
• Help our Partner and Sponsorship Coordinator with the display of sponsored materials.
• Assist PULSE staff at Will Call and VIP desk.
• Conduct visitor surveys.
• Restock all fair guides, magazines and pamphlets in the designated areas.
• Distribute VIP bags to Press and VIPs during Private Preview Brunch
• Address all exhibitor, visitor and VIP questions and concerns, should they arise.
• Manage guest lists at special events happening during the fair, including the PULSE After Party
• Assist PULSE staff during setup and breakdown of the fair. May include heavy lifting, if manageable.
• Assist PULSE staff during programming. Setting up sessions and keeping the space tidy.
Unpaid, $10 lunch voucher to redeem at Fair Cafe
Varies depending on availability
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Haley Carloni at email@example.com.