Note: this is a temporary position for 12 – 14 weeks while staff member is taking maternity leave. The position will start beginning to mid- July and go through mid October.
The ideal candidate will be a people person who enjoys interacting with a diverse group of clients, interns and students. Should be passionate about food and cooking, comfortable in a dynamic environment where priorities can change quickly, and excited to help build a strong, fun, team-centered environment. Self-motivation and a positive, can-do attitude are essential for this role that could become be a springboard to other roles. This temporary position is ideal for someone interested in a non-profit management or a start-up.
• Accountable for daily office management, including new client interface
• Support Not-for-profit Board interface and governance oversight
• Basic bookkeeping duties using Quickbooks – writing checks, maintaining accounts receivable and payable, processing invoices; management and reconciling of expense reports, purchase orders and contracts.
• Manage media and communications support (website and social media)
• Ensuring continuity of company insurance policies, online service subscriptions, and payroll interface with payroll company
• Schedule trainings for educational programs while providing technical support and equipment ordering.
• Occasional event planning and support
• Create Excel templates, Power Point presentations, informational binders, program manuals and Constant Contact newsletters as needed.
Requirements: • Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail • Strong computer skills, especially with Mac OS and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Quickbooks proficiency • Excellent interpersonal skills as the first point of contact for clients • Ability to multi-task and deliver in a timely manner • Great attitude & team player; graceful when under pressure • Interact comfortably and skillfully with clients and prospective clients • Discretion in handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature Ideal candidate would also have: • A passion for food and nutrition and interest in nutrition education/cooking • Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Tumblr • Experience using html or a CMS to make simple web updates • Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator a plus but not required
To Apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org