As a Sales Associate you are expected to deliver a knowledgeable, thoughtful and inspiring customer service experience which plays an integral role in achieving the stores sales and metric goals. You are expected to uphold the MoMA standards, policies and procedures as well as proactively connect to the Museum to support a holistic visitor experience.
* Though this is a temp postion, there is opportunity for it to turn into a permanent position. We are currently offering both PT and FT Temp Sales Associate Positions.
● Provides G.R.E.A.T. customer service
● Proactively reaches out and engages customers on a regular basis.
● Maintains a professional and positive presence on sales floor.
● Performs register transactions including sales, memberships, email capture and gift wrap.
● Responds to customer inquiries and assists in making selections.
● Maintains a high level of museum and product-related knowledge.
● Executes daily stock maintenance by ensuring that all merchandise. And fixtures are signed, displayed, lit and clean.
● Participates in physical inventory.
● Opens and closes cash registers and is held accountable for any discrepancies noted by manager.
● Complies with all zoning and scheduling.
● Participates in all MoMA Design Store, Museum and vendor trainings.
● Advise AM-Operations on out of stock merchandise and inventory discrepancies.
● Performs other duties reasonably related to the above.
● Visits the Museum regularly
● Attends Product, Vendor and Customer Service Training
● Participates in advanced education opportunities as offered
● Attends staff meetings
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum one year in retail sales
Skills: Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
Strong verbal, organizational and communication skills.
Able to perform physical tasks as needed.
Interest in design, books, art, and architecture is desirable.
Fluency in foreign language a plus.
Computer: POS, Email, Inventory Management Systems
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.