AJ Greenwich, a general contracting and design firm based in New York, is seeking a part time architect, interior designer or engineer to support our design team and work closely with the project manager.
The candidate will be primarily working on a residential project but also contributing to a wide array of projects in various stages of development.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in design and construction looking for substantial experience in the field, and who can work at least 15-20 hours a week.
The responsibilities would include:
– Field surveys and preparation of existing site conditions
– Attending site meetings
– Client presentations, designs and technical solutions through all phases of a project
– Assisting in architectural drawings and set developments
– Preparing construction documents, details and related specifications
– Sourcing material and finishes research
– Communicating with resource showrooms and vendors
– 3D Modeling
– Elevation renderings
– Shop drawings review, product data, and samples
– Furniture sourcing and custom made furniture design
– Maintaining project documentation
– Traveling to job sites and running errands (a car would be helpful but is not required)
– Must be highly motivated, proactive, thorough and able to work independently – Extremely detail-oriented and organized – A keen sense of creativity and initiative – Minimum 1 year of architectural and/or interior design experience – Technical proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suites, MS Office Suite, Sketchup or any 3D software – Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Knowledge of New York building code is a must – Previous experience drafting construction documents and/or filing documentation is preferred but not required – Renderings and 3D modeling skills are valuable – BYOD job (must use personal laptop) – Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety of personalities and communication styles – Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships in a collaborative environment
COMPENSATION: hourly rate, based on experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, cover letter, dates of availability, desired hourly rate & portfolio samples (5Mo max) to: email@example.com. Subject line should read: First Name, Last Name, Job Title.