Please view freelance and temporary job opportunities on Career Successlink
As a bookseller, you sell, sharing your technical and product knowledge with customers and other booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store. You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers. You are able to speak with all customers, are a good listener and enjoy working with people. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and processes. You comply at all times with Standards, Policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
-Provide world-class customer service.
-Greet and establish rapport with customers.
-Ask questions to identify customer needs.
-Share technical knowledge and enthusiasm about all our digital products.
-Respond to customer’s concerns and questions.
-Communicate specific product needs to managers.
-Ensure that products are put on the selling floor when received, identifyingorganizing, shelving, and zoning in accordance with ISO, VMS and shelving guidelines.
-Recover the selling floor during each shift.
-Assist in any area of the store when necessary.
-Protect company assests
-Help orient new booksellers
-Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
Based on Experience
Time Period: 10/13/14- 1/3/2015, 24 hours per week, including nights and weekends
How to Apply:
Our store openings can be seen at the link below. Please choose NY-New York Union Square and fill out the required form.
We are currently taking applications for a front desk clerk position at the Chelsea Inn.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, breakfast vouchers, welcome letter, maps etc.
- Directs guests to their rooms, indicates hours of the front desk
- Answers various questions from guests.
- Arranges transportation for guests.
- Collects and distributes messages for guests
- Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Makes reservations over the phone and on line
- Maintains room availability on NiteVision software and on line
- Runs various reports on the computer for management
- Balances revenue at the end of shift
- Other duties as assigned.
- $11 per hour
- 20 hours per week
How to Apply:
- Call Alina at 212-45-8989 and send resume to email@example.com
Company/Individual Name: Karen Millen
Business Description: Karen Millen is a London-based International fashion house with stores in over 50 countries across six continents.
Though we’re UK born and bred, over 60% of our sales today come from international markets; through our standalone stores in fashion and cultural capitals, as well as via successful partnerships with iconic retailers such as Selfridges, Bloomingdales, Galerie Lafayette and El Corto Ingles.
Position Available: Part/Full Time Sales Associates & Supervisors
Job Duties/Responsibilities: This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to pursue a career in luxury fashion and join Karen Millen as a Stylist or Supervisor.
• Are able to put our client’s first – by offering a fun, indulgent and informed experience
• Are someone who strives for perfection
• Are ambitious and love a challenge
• Can work respectfully as a team whilst delivering high standards
• Have the confidence to style and build relationships with all our clients
• Can think perfect and create extraordinary
If you are
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and positive
• Friendly towards management, staff and clients
• A Karen Millen Brand Ambassador
Then we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: Varies
Position Start Date: 5/14/2014
Position End Date: 6/30/2014
How To Apply: Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Company/Individual Name: ForceBrands
Business Description: BEVFORCE.com & FOODFORCE.com are the beverage industry’s largest career network servicing all beverage and food industry sectors including wine, spirits, coffee, tea, dairy, energy drinks, snacks, baked goods, and natural/organic foods.
Position Available: Office Management Internship
Job Duties/Responsibilities: ForceBrands- the beverage and food industry’s largest career network- is seeking a passionate, highly motivated intern for our super cool office in TriBeCa. This internship offers a great opportunity for students to participate in the day-to-day operations of a boutique recruiting and staffing agency in the food and beverage space. Interns will gain invaluable, hands-on office management experience while working directly with the Office Management and Executive Team.
Duties may include, but not restricted to, the following:
• Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; completing clerical functions in our ATS, Salesforce, and Excel.
• Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Work closely with the Founder’s Executive Assistant to draft email templates, procure supplies, write executive notes, and miscellaneous administrative duties (ie. Answering phones, faxing, etc.)
• Plan and organize event logistics nationally (lodging, travel, transportation) for the executive team.
• Contributes to team effort by assisting recruiters and business development team with database management.
Ideal for a college student:
All interns are provided with a lunch on Friday, an unlimited metro card and must be able to receive college credit as this an unpaid internship.
Foodies encouraged to apply.
Requirements/Qualifications: Candidates should possess excellent written, verbal and computer skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team player. Interns must work 20+ hours per week and be highly self-motivated.
Compensation: Travel Stipend & College Credit
Hours per week: 20
Position Start Date: 6/2/2014
Position End Date: 9/1/2014
How To Apply: Please send your resumes to Dan@forcebrands.com
Company/Individual Name: TalentHub Worldwide, Inc.
Business Description: TalentHub Worldwide is the dream child of its co-founders, Pat Christopher and Diane Porembski. Working together in the staffing industry for over twenty years, they have blended together all of the best ingredients from their past experience and industry knowledge with the most innovative technologies available today. At the core of everything we do for you is the commitment to perform above your expectations. We are not just another source, but the very best source for the management of your recruitment needs. A true partnership!
Our highly talented and diverse team of recruiters are passionate in their selection of candidates. They are a team who possesses high energy and positive professional attitudes. We are a national, full service temporary and permanent staffing agency.
We have a strong reputation for excellence in service and high marks for our temporary placements. Our clients are secure in the knowledge that they will spend less but have more resources available than ever before.
Position Available: PART TIME RECEPTIONIST – Part Time WEEKENDS HOURS ONLY
Job Duties/Responsibilities: PART TIME RECEPTIONIST – RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE COMPANY
PART TIME WEEKENDS HOUR ONLY – $12 HOUR
• Answering Phone Calls and addressing resident inquiries
• Drafting correspondences
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must have Strong Microsoft Word Skills
• 6 months of Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Experience
• Must have some college experience – College Students Preferred
• Polished and well-spoken individuals
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK THE FOLLOWING HOURS:
• Saturday (9am – 6pm)
• Sunday (10am – 5pm)
Total: 15 Hours per week
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements/Qualifications: Pursing Bachelor’s Degree
Hours per week: 15
Position Start Date: 5/15/2014
Position End Date: 12/31/2064
How To Apply: Email Resumes to : Jason@talenthubworldwide.com
Company/Individual Name: Joy Gryson
Business Description: Joy Gryson has worked in design for industry powerhouses such as Liz Claiborne, Coach, Calvin Klein, and most recently Marc Jacobs, where she held the title of Director of Design and Development for Marc Jacobs Handbags and Accessories.
In 2006 Joy left Marc Jacobs to launch the GRYSON brand of luxury accessories. Inspired by her home in Tribeca, New York, Joy finds the sky at dusk over the Hudson or the way the street lamps reflect off of Greenwich street when it rains stimulating much of her designs. Joy packs her New York inspiration when she travels to her studio in Florence. The artisan leather workings bring together her sketches that mix antique and modern, masculine and feminine. “I find real beauty in contrasts” says Gryson.
Fashionistas and handbag mavens worldwide would agree. In a short period of time the label took off resulting in collaborating with mass retailer Target for a limited-time only guest designer program, to being nominated for the CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year award for emerging talent. In September of 2010, Gryson was selected as one of the eighteen hand-picked designers by Glenda Bailey to join the first ever Harper’s Bazaar Accessories Bazaar at Lincoln Center where the spring 2011 collection was presented. Since then, the brand’s loyal fans and followers have expanded, with celebrities including Kristen Bell, Jessica Biel, Katie Holmes, Jessica Alba and Isla Fisher joining their ever-growing list. In 2011, Joy Gryson was inducted into the CFDA.
In 2007 GRYSON introduced a small, yet significant line of shoes to complement their handbags and in spring of 2009, Joy unveiled a contemporary collection of handbags called OLIVIAHARRIS by Joy Gryson, named after her daughter. The line boasts the same beautiful Italian leathers GRYSON is known for, however the price point is under $500 retail and the look – a bit edgier. While the GRYSON muse lives in Tribeca, the OLIVIA HARRIS by Joy Gryson counterpart resides in Brooklyn or the Lower East Side. “I was inspired by the style of girl bands from the 80’s like the Go-Go’s, The Pretenders, and Pat Benetar when designing OLIVIA HARRIS by Joy Gryson.” The rock-and-roll attitude of the collection is certainly heard and has a loyal groupie following fueled by retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales and worn by stars and style-setters such as Fergie, Sienna Miller, and Beyonce. In fall 2011, Joy launched CAPSULE by Joy Gryson, introducing high-end “night” bags. The idea for CAPSULE by Joy Gryson was spurred from Joy’s need for a handbag to wear out at night. “I wanted something for going to dinner,” Joy says, “but none of that pristine stuffy stuff!” Joy incorporated exotic materials ranging from Astrakhan fur to shark skin, covering the wooden framed clutches and introduced vibrantly hand painted python styles for spring.
In fall 2012, Joy launched IIIBeca by Joy Gryson, a line of handbags priced under $200. Three percent of all wholesale proceeds go to three not-for-profit organizations that mean a great deal to Joy and her family: Memorial Sloan-Kettering, Family Focus Adoption Services and the 9/11 Memorial Foundation. Each bag and small leather good is masterfully designed with the finest vachetta leather and available in a wide spectrum of colors, calling on a unique combination of practicality and style. Celebrity fans of the brand include Minka Kelly.
Position Available: Sales Associate
• Must have a professional demeanor and be a people person
• Should be enthusiastic about current fashion and trends.
• Recognize and execute selling opportunities.
• Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
• Must maintain store environment and merchandise presentations.
• Fulfill mail and Internet orders.
• Must be dependable and be self-motivated.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work weekends, evenings, and occasional holidays.
• Retail Experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, commission, and opportunities for growth into a full time position in our sales department. Applicants being considered for employment will be contacted.
Requirements/Qualifications: 18 years+, currently in school or recently graduated
Compensation: Hourly BOE, plus Commission
Hours per week: 10-30 hours
Position Start Date: 5/4/2014
Position End Date: 5/30/2014
How To Apply: Please send a resume and brief message to HR@joygryson.com.
Company/Individual Name: C.WONDER
Business Description: C.Wonder is Cheerful, Creative, Chic, Curious, Charismatic, Candid, Caring, Charming, and Cool. Our Passion is to make her happy!
Position Available: Sales Associate
Job Duties/Responsibilities: An experience that most women never imagined could exist: extraordinary products at an incredible value with luxury service in an inspiring environment – plus some unexpected wow.
C. Wonder is a women’s apparel, accessories and home decor retailer which launched in Fall 2011 and has since expanded with locations throughout the U.S.
C. Wonder is hiring upbeat, charismatic employees who are passionate about fashion and home decor, naturally friendly and eager to thrill shoppers and disrupt retail norms.
The C. Wonder sales associate brings the brand to life by demonstrating sales competency, product expertise and an enthusiasm for creating a truly wonderful shopping experience.
Customer Service Expert
•Achieve individual sales goals
•Develop strong product knowledge across all categories
•Maintain the highest level of customer service by delivering the C.Wonder experience
•Develop a personal customer base through effective use of selling skills, follow up and proactive customer outreach
•Engage, entertain, educate and befriend customers
Building Brand Equity
•Understand and be able to communicate the C. Wonder brand aesthetic, philosophy and lifestyle to the customer
•Demonstrate the interest and ability to work as part of a team
•Execute operational tasks as per company directives
•Adhere to all sales and operational policies and procedures
•Apply visual directives; ensure store standards are maintained
•Available to work store schedule, including evenings and weekends
•Ability to stand for extended periods of time
•2-3 years selling experience in a luxury/ service driven environment
•Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
•General retail experience that includes understanding of: sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, and loss prevention
•Strong technology skills including Microsoft Outlook and POS Systems
Requirements/Qualifications: 2-3 years selling experience in a luxury/ service driven environment
Hours per week: 12-24 hours
Position Start Date: 5/4/2014
Position End Date: 12/31/2016
How To Apply: Please apply to http://www.cwonder.com/careers or feel free to Contact either Jackie or Rachel at the store. Store phone number is 212-956-9760
Company/Individual Name: MUJI Cooper Square/ MUJI USA LIMITED
Business Description: Long standing Japanese retailer. (Check our website “www.muji.us)
What is MUJI?
MUJI is not a brand whose value rests in the frills and “extras” it adds to its products.
MUJI is simplicity – but a simplicity achieved through a complexity of thought and design.
MUJI’s streamlining is the result of the careful elimination and subtraction of gratuitous features and design unrelated to function.
MUJI, the brand, is rational, and free of agenda, doctrine, and “isms.” The MUJI concept derives from us continuously asking, “What is best from an individual’s point of view?”
MUJI aspires to modesty and plainness, the better to adapt and shape itself to the styles, preferences, and practices of as wide a group of people as possible. This is the single most important reason people embrace MUJI.
MUJI – in its deliberate pursuit of the pure and the ordinary – achieves the extraordinary.
MUJI products vividly embody both our product-design methods and our overall philosophy. Since its birth in 1980, the MUJI brand has attracted a steadily increasing number of consumers, precisely because of our growing understanding and refining of sales principles. Our goal of offering products that excel in quality at lower prices has been achieved by avoiding the waste typical of much product-manufacturing and distribution – in the form of unnecessary functionality, an excess of decoration, and needless packaging. Responding to the perennial consumer demand for reasonable pricing, MUJI has accordingly designed and developed countless successful products. With our unique development processes and our ongoing exploitation of innovative ideas that always take the consumer’s perspective, we have in many cases re-defined “user-friendliness.” Notably, in order always to offer high-value products that are reasonably priced, MUJI travels the world in the conscientious procuring of quality materials.
Position Available: Part-time sales staff
Long standing Japanese retailer is looking for sales staffs at New York and California stores. We are looking for enthusiastic and responsible people who love to communicate with customers and work as a team player.
The sales staff is responsible for interacting with customers and employees to create a positive, friendly environment. The sales associate maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. They are responsible for knowing and executing the MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED Standards, Operational Processes, and the Company Values.
Providing Excellent Customer Services
• Coordinates with leaders, stock and sales associates to ensure a positive, friendly and efficient customer experience
• Acknowledges and provides assistance to customers; locates merchandise efficiently using various methods; answers questions quickly and accurately
• Offers varieties and suggestions of product selections to the customer, utilizing displays for inspiration
• Knows and offers information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events
• Prevents theft and loss through positive customer engagement and application of MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED loss prevention techniques
• Performs all cashwrap transactions accurately; asks for and/or records customer information.
• Monitors customer lines at cashwrap and fitting room and alerts a leader when back up is needed; responds quickly to requests for back-up at cashwrap
• Expresses sincere appreciation to customer for wait time; thanks customer for shopping in the store
• Communicates customer comments regarding the shopping experience to store leadership
Executing tasks as a team player
• Communicates with customers and employees in a friendly and respectful way; contributes to a safe and positive work environment
• Upholds all company policies
• Follows directions provided by store leadership; interprets and acts quickly on business priorities
• Positively represents the brand and store by adhering to the Employee Appearance Policy (Dress Code).
• Meets or exceeds company productivity standards for all operational processes: Shipment Processing, Markdowns, Merchandise Signage, Replenishment and Recovery of sales floor
• Coordinates with leaders and fellow associates for the preparation and placement of merchandise on sales floor
• Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell thru.
• Ensures neat, clean and organized areas throughout the sales floor and stockroom; performs all assigned cleaning duties
• Ensures unsold and/or returned merchandise is returned to the sales floor within established company standards
• Reports to a member of the leadership team. Receives daily direction from store leadership and collaborates effectively across store teams.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
• Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects
• Ability to utilize retail technology
• Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
• At least 18 years of age
• Previous experience in retail preferred
• Meets MUJI U.S.A. Limited part time or full time availability guidelines
• Bilingual is a plus but not required.
• Physical: Must be able to work in the store when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 15 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally in both store and storage. Must have the ability to climb a ladder.
• <MUJI to GO JFK>Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team. When not actively working at the cashwrap or assisting customers with their purchases and returns, team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks including merchandising, recovery, fitting room, stockroom, cleaning and additional tasks as assigned by store leadership or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
Requirements/Qualifications: US citizen or permanent resident / 18 years old or up / punctual, responsible, and well self-disciplined / Be able to work during the weekends and on holidays
Compensation: Hourly Wage
Hours per week: 20-30 hours
Position Start Date: 5/1/2014
Position End Date: 5/31/2014
How To Apply: <Check all openings>
<Apply to the part-time position at MUJI Cooper Square>
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
<Apply to other MUJI stores in USA>
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company/Individual Name: Wave Hill
Business Description: A Public Garden and Cultural Center
Position Available: Family Art Project Intern
Job Duties/Responsibilities: This is a year-long position that provides qualified high school or college students with opportunities to learn and practice skills such as working with the public, handling different art materials and techniques and being part of a dynamic team of educators. He or she assists at the Family Art Project, a long-running and well-attended weekend drop-in program. Interns have an important role in helping shape the experience of the families who attend. Interns assist in setting up, preparing for, cleaning up after and directly facilitating the Family Art Projects to children and adults. The content, theme and materials are nature- and seasonally-based and change every week. The schedule is approximately four days per month, Saturdays and/or Sundays, as assigned by the Intern Coordinator. The hours are 9am-4pm.
Requirements/Qualifications: Desire to work with families, Interest and enthusiasm for the arts, Ability and willingness to handle all maintenance tasks related to set-up and clean-up of the project. Requirements: High school sophomore through college junior, experience working with children, regular weekend availability.
Hours per week: 28 per two weeks
Position Start Date: 6/15/2014
Position End Date: 6/30/2015
How To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please put Family Art Project Internship in the header.
No calls please. EOE.