Please view freelance and temporary job opportunities on Career Successlink
Company/Individual Name: MUJI Cooper Square/ MUJI USA LIMITED
Business Description: Long standing Japanese retailer. (Check our website “www.muji.us)
What is MUJI?
MUJI is not a brand whose value rests in the frills and “extras” it adds to its products.
MUJI is simplicity – but a simplicity achieved through a complexity of thought and design.
MUJI’s streamlining is the result of the careful elimination and subtraction of gratuitous features and design unrelated to function.
MUJI, the brand, is rational, and free of agenda, doctrine, and “isms.” The MUJI concept derives from us continuously asking, “What is best from an individual’s point of view?”
MUJI aspires to modesty and plainness, the better to adapt and shape itself to the styles, preferences, and practices of as wide a group of people as possible. This is the single most important reason people embrace MUJI.
MUJI – in its deliberate pursuit of the pure and the ordinary – achieves the extraordinary.
MUJI products vividly embody both our product-design methods and our overall philosophy. Since its birth in 1980, the MUJI brand has attracted a steadily increasing number of consumers, precisely because of our growing understanding and refining of sales principles. Our goal of offering products that excel in quality at lower prices has been achieved by avoiding the waste typical of much product-manufacturing and distribution – in the form of unnecessary functionality, an excess of decoration, and needless packaging. Responding to the perennial consumer demand for reasonable pricing, MUJI has accordingly designed and developed countless successful products. With our unique development processes and our ongoing exploitation of innovative ideas that always take the consumer’s perspective, we have in many cases re-defined “user-friendliness.” Notably, in order always to offer high-value products that are reasonably priced, MUJI travels the world in the conscientious procuring of quality materials.
Position Available: Part-time sales staff
Long standing Japanese retailer is looking for sales staffs at New York and California stores. We are looking for enthusiastic and responsible people who love to communicate with customers and work as a team player.
The sales staff is responsible for interacting with customers and employees to create a positive, friendly environment. The sales associate maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. They are responsible for knowing and executing the MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED Standards, Operational Processes, and the Company Values.
Providing Excellent Customer Services
• Coordinates with leaders, stock and sales associates to ensure a positive, friendly and efficient customer experience
• Acknowledges and provides assistance to customers; locates merchandise efficiently using various methods; answers questions quickly and accurately
• Offers varieties and suggestions of product selections to the customer, utilizing displays for inspiration
• Knows and offers information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events
• Prevents theft and loss through positive customer engagement and application of MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED loss prevention techniques
• Performs all cashwrap transactions accurately; asks for and/or records customer information.
• Monitors customer lines at cashwrap and fitting room and alerts a leader when back up is needed; responds quickly to requests for back-up at cashwrap
• Expresses sincere appreciation to customer for wait time; thanks customer for shopping in the store
• Communicates customer comments regarding the shopping experience to store leadership
Executing tasks as a team player
• Communicates with customers and employees in a friendly and respectful way; contributes to a safe and positive work environment
• Upholds all company policies
• Follows directions provided by store leadership; interprets and acts quickly on business priorities
• Positively represents the brand and store by adhering to the Employee Appearance Policy (Dress Code).
• Meets or exceeds company productivity standards for all operational processes: Shipment Processing, Markdowns, Merchandise Signage, Replenishment and Recovery of sales floor
• Coordinates with leaders and fellow associates for the preparation and placement of merchandise on sales floor
• Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell thru.
• Ensures neat, clean and organized areas throughout the sales floor and stockroom; performs all assigned cleaning duties
• Ensures unsold and/or returned merchandise is returned to the sales floor within established company standards
• Reports to a member of the leadership team. Receives daily direction from store leadership and collaborates effectively across store teams.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
• Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects
• Ability to utilize retail technology
• Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
• At least 18 years of age
• Previous experience in retail preferred
• Meets MUJI U.S.A. Limited part time or full time availability guidelines
• Bilingual is a plus but not required.
• Physical: Must be able to work in the store when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 15 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally in both store and storage. Must have the ability to climb a ladder.
• <MUJI to GO JFK>Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team. When not actively working at the cashwrap or assisting customers with their purchases and returns, team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks including merchandising, recovery, fitting room, stockroom, cleaning and additional tasks as assigned by store leadership or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
Requirements/Qualifications: US citizen or permanent resident / 18 years old or up / punctual, responsible, and well self-disciplined / Be able to work during the weekends and on holidays
Compensation: Hourly Wage
Hours per week: 20-30 hours
Position Start Date: 5/1/2014
Position End Date: 5/31/2014
How To Apply: <Check all openings>
<Apply to the part-time position at MUJI Cooper Square>
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
<Apply to other MUJI stores in USA>
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com